These are the simplified 12-steps for those who struggle with a higher power.
- I admit that I have no control over my drug/alcohol use. It has caused me unacceptable consequences. I will not live like this anymore!
- There is help for me to recover, it is my responsibility to find it.
- I will accept help and advice from people who have had similar experiences.
- I will take inventory of myself. Looking for any behavior and personality that caused problems to others and I.
- I will tell someone my inventory to help the self-evaluation process.
- I will make positive changes in my life.
- Work daily to remove your shortcomings.
- Make a list of people who I negatively affected from my substance use.
- Exercise good judgement, and make amends to those people you have adversely affected.
- I will continue to work on my problems and admit mistakes when they arise.
- I will reflect on my personal growth and development.
- I will pay it forward and help others.