If you are new to recovery you will probably hear a term called “90 and 90.” Which means you go to 90 meetings in 90 days. Some people ask why is this so important? I’ll explain why.
- It helps you get into a daily routine.
- You can try different meetings in different areas to find the right meeting for you.
- Networking- Going to meetings will help you meet new people in recovery.
- It increases your chances of finding a sponsor.
- You can get a commitment, which holds you accountable to make the meeting.
- Celebrate your milestones 30,60,90 days are big accomplishments, celebrate the wins.
- Going to meetings helps you understand your not alone, find people at meetings you can relate to.
- Time- You need to give your mind, body, and spirit time to readjust to your new life.
- It helped me deal with my social anxiety and other character defects.
- Talk to newcomers. Even if you’ve only been sober for 1 week you can help inspire the person with 1 day or less, pay it forward.
Some meetings are better then others. The 90 and 90 helps you find what is going to work for you. Keep an openmind, listen, and also share. Old timers will say “take the cotton ball out of your ears, and put it in your mouth.” I disagree a newcomber should listen, but also share there experience, strength, and hope.